NOVO Pizzeria wants to bring a true Italian experience to you and there are some things everyone understands, PIZZA is one of those things. Our pizzas are made with centuries old techniques to create an authentic Neapolitan pizza. We import "00" Italian Caputo flour, and age the dough for 72 hours to allow it to develop its rich flavours. Each pizza is shaped by hand and topped with fresh quality ingredients. We bake each pizza in the wood-burning oven (forno) at 900°.
There are some items are the menu that may be confusing for the first time diner, here is an overview so you can choose a dish that transports you to Italy. We are thrilled to have you as our guest and to share our Passion for Pizza with you.
1. Burrata: Considered the best soft cheese in Italy, Burrata is mozzarella that’s formed into a pouch and then filled with soft stringy mozzarella mixed with cream
2. Calabrian Pepperoncini: a hot chili pepper with lots of flavor from the Calabaria region of Italy
3. Dolci fatti: in casa desserts made in house
4. DOP (Denominazione di Origine Protetta): which translates to “Protected Designation of Origin” As the the name suggests, this certification ensures that products are locally grown and packaged. And it makes a promise to the consumer: It’s a guarantee that the food was made by local farmers and artisans, using traditional methods.
5. Fior di latte: fresh mozzarella
6. Insalate: salad
7. Mozzarella di bufala: fresh mozzarella made from the milk of an Italian Water buffalo. It is creamy and the Queen of the fresh mozzarella family
8. Pane Pugliese: A rustic bread from the Southern Italian region of Puglia
9. Pasta fatta: in casa Pasta made in house
10. Pecorino Romano: Is like Parmigiano Reggiano except it is made from Sheeps milk
11. Ricotta di Bufala: fresh mozzarella made from the milk of an Italian Water buffalo.
12. Rucola: arugula
13. Salsicia: sausage
14. San Marzano Tomatoes: A type of tomato that is grown at the base of Mount Vesuvius which contributes to their great flavour and texture.
15. Speck: Smoked Prosciutto
16. Tartufo: truffle
We look forward to seeing you soon -- Ciao!